I met Maureen today to pick up her completed sketch of Kelmarsh Hall, together with its doppelganger (we’ll use the doppelganger on the day in case any guests spill beer on it or it’s hit by a firework!)
As far the guests are concerned on the 14th, it IS the real thing (I can’t actually tell the difference!)
We’ll give you all an advanced viewing on the 26th November - the rehearsal day. The plan is that no-one else who’s been invited to the wedding will see it, until our wedding day.
So, just a reminder of our ‘cunning plan’ for the 14th:
- It is put ‘on show’ towards the end of the event (we need to agree where and exactly when)
- Guests are invited to sign the large white mount we’ve had put around it, as they prepare to leave the event
- We would like you, as Best Man/Ushers to encourage as many people as possible to sign. Ideally it’ll be a perfect record of who was there. I’m sure we can utilise the lungs of the Toastmaster to spread the word!
- It’ll take some judgement by you to ensure that as far as possible, the signatures are spaced equally around the frame (this could be tricky, so let’s talk about this on the 26th)
- We’ve purchased some pens (three of them) that are specially designed to write clearly (and dry quickly) on picture mounts. We’ll let you have those on the day
- Ushers: Would one of you be prepared to take charge of the sketch after the event? As lovely as it is, we’re not planning on taking it with us to Oz!
Any comments? email me at StevePalmer@StevePalmer.com